Last December we sent a message informing you that the Wilson Dental Library and Norris Medical Library had identified a new print solution. We are now getting ready to launch that solution and want to give you information on what is expected to occur.
February 2, 2015 is the anticipated launch date for this solution improvement.
- Print jobs will continue to be sent from Library and Learning Center computers to printers in the respective rooms; you will be able to select which printer you wish to have the job print from and, in addition, you will be able to print wirelessly using USC Lab Print. Any BLUE print cards you may currently have will be accepted until later in the year and will be deducted for prints at the new rates.
- USCard discretionary funds will be accepted for printing, a frequent request from students; USCard can also be used by faculty and staff. The USCard can be ‘re-loaded’ with additional monies as needed, details can be found at the web site for USCard: http://www.usc.edu/bus-affairs/admin_serv/uscard_serv/
- An alternative card solution will be available however the cost of each card is 75 cents which is deducted automatically from the $2.00 or $5.00 value cards that will be offered via a vending machine. These print solution cards cannot be “re-loaded” with additional funds; new cards must be purchased when value is exhausted.
- Print costs will increase to 10 cents for one-sided (simplex) prints and 18 cents for double-sided (duplex) prints. Please note that under this new pricing the Health Sciences Libraries continue to subsidize print costs.
- Printing from behind the circulation desk at WDL_NOTE will still be available but the cost will rise to 15 cents per page.